Sunday 15 May 2011

It's HUGE.

[Click for full view]

At 2500x2000 pixels, this stands at the largest image I've ever worked on! I've compiled many of the things I've been working on recently, including:
  • Texturing
  • Lighting
  • Shadows
  • Contrast
  • Image Composition
  • Colour Theory
  • Backgrounds! 
This piece will actually be being printed out and presented to my dad who commissioned me over Easter to create a backdrop piece for his computer set up. As he's a large fan of fantasy games, and in particular specified he'd like to see a dragon, this seemed like a good direction to go in.
I've also entered it for a DeviantArt competition, wish me luck!

As a side note, I'm still rather busy at the moment but, as always, will keep posting images here whenever I can complete them. Though between revision for 2 exams, working on 2 projects with university friends and writing a paper about how to create a successful indie game, I doubt there will be frequent updates will June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hostgator discount code