Thursday 14 April 2011

Express yourself!

 Click to see the full size image!
A continuation from yesterday's piece, 50 female faces showing a range of expressions and ages.
I tried to stay away from the standard type of female face that I draw, which lead to a lot of mistakes when first starting these! Hairlines being the most common mistake I made, generally placing them far too low on the face. I'm also still learning how to draw lips and noses in simplified faces like these.
Hair was a fun one to play around with at least, and I got to draw some of my favorite styles here!
Personally, my favorite piece if the bottom left, one up. Horned bandana? Yes please!

As you've probably caught on to by now, every day I'm trying to challenge myself. Landscapes, speed drawing, all in the pursuit of knowledge.  As such, while I still have a few ideas on other things to try (particularly aiming for more landscapes and non-humanoid monsters at the moment) I'd love to hear your ideas!

If you have a challenge to suggest, just post it in the comments, I'll get to it as fast as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hostgator discount code