Monday 13 June 2011

In the Game of Thrones...

You win or you die.
Well, I for one am excited for the new episode out tonight! But before we get into that, I've finished university (other than the actual graduation) and have settled in, as such, from today onwards, expect 1 new blog post per day!
Today I have 2 pieces for you, with an additional scribble thrown in for the hell of it.
As you can probably tell, I'm a huge fan of Game of Thrones and am hoping to get the books once I've got a Kindle, till then though, I'm surviving on the weekly episodes. One of the things I love about the show is how well the actors were chosen, as in today's post I'm hoping to try to capture the essence of some of these characters!
As such, the image below displays one of the POV characters.
Any guesses who it is?
Highlight below to see if you can't guess.
Arya Stark
A big problem I had with this piece was getting the age seem correct. She actually has quite a lot of lines on her face, with pouches under and above her eyes, a split-chin (can't recall the correct term for this) and usually displays puffy cheeks, though in adding lines to an image usually denotes an age of which this character is no-where near. As such, I had to go for the prominent buck-teeth and her usual way of wearing her hair to emphasize who she is.
Next up!
Personally, I find this character much easier to both draw, and to recognize. The hair-braiding, scowl and wavy hair all join together to form Cersei Lannister. When I was looking for reference pictures, however, I noticed she pretty much always makes the same face, particularly the face I've depicted here. The pursed lips, scowling eyes and one raised eyebrow all form, well, this face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hostgator discount code