Sunday 26 June 2011

Yipes!

My apologies for not updating these past 2 days! It's been a bit hectic, so I've given myself the day off today to relax and catch up on a few things (like gaming!).

A bit of a catch up: I attended my first ever figure drawing class yesterday! It was a lot of fun though some things were a bit unexpected. When I signed up, they asked me if I was a student at the university so they could pull my data up, I said no and went through giving them my details, but from this I assumed that most of the other people there would be art students, thinking 18-21, short pink hair, tunnelers, etc.

Actually, I was the youngest there! The ages were more in the 30-60 range, and there were only around 10-12 people there so no fighting over chairs!

It was a very fun 6-hour session, with us going around the gallery for half an hour at the start, doing a few 1- and 2-minute figures, learning how to judge proportions with your thumb or pencil, then we got onto the longer figures:

10 Minute Figure

20 Minute Figure

2 Hour Figure

Done as links as, as you can guess, there's nudity!

On the job front, I didn't get the job but am going back out again tomorrow, this time into the city to look for work, wish me luck! Tuesday is going up to Hull to get some prints done, then Wednesday I get to see The Boy! We'll be checking out a new Japanese restaurant in Birmingham, which I'm rather looking forward to and will be a nice break from the job search.

On one final note, my deviantArt page has just hit 1,500 page views! Thanks to everyone for your support, favoriting and commenting of my work, it really means a lot to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hostgator discount code