Saturday 16 July 2011

Soothsayer


I've been working on this since last night, and I finally finished it this afternoon. Overall, I'm rather happy with the result! Originally I wanted to do a character design for an alien-looking humanoid creature with some reference to Pans Labyrinth: Original Piece
However after showing it to The Boy he mentioned some similarities to the Soothsayer from Kung Fu Panda 2, which we saw with The Best Friend and her boyfriend on Monday, and I rather agreed and decided to take the piece in a new direction.

I'm particularly happy with this image as I only used the hard-round brush and 2 colours on varying opacities and sizes.

I particularly enjoyed doing the sparkling horns, I decided the piece looked a bit too flat when originally doing it with just the darker blue colour so thought some strong white might liven it up a bit, and I now love the effect it created.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hostgator discount code