Friday 1 July 2011

Just a quickie

I won't be around my tablet nor laptop this evening so, to ensure I get SOMETHING posted today, have quickly mocked this up before I go out.
Asking The Boy what I should draw today, he replied in his effervescent wisdom ' a dude wielding a massive sword to cut his sandwich in half'. This rather sums up where I think I've been going wrong with my images recently: Nothing HAPPENS in them, they're static pieces showing a use of a particular style without ever telling a story. I think I need to start drawing more action, dynamic images if I want to continue improving, and this seems like a good place to start!

As such, here I tried to play with weight, perspective (heavy lines implying objects closer to the viewer), pose and other such buzz words!

(And yes, this image is portraying a now elderly, let-himself-go Superman)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hostgator discount code