Friday 5 August 2011

Sonya Sones? To the lost and found please

I'm a rather large Sonya Sones fan.
She's an author of some of the books that I've read over and over while I was growing up, and recently I purchased her 2 latest ones..
I read through them both yesterday...
One in the afternoon, and one at 1:30 till around 3:00 as I couldn't sleep.
(I miss The Boy a lot, even though I only just got back from a mini holiday at his yesterday...)

ANYWAY
She's a brilliant author.
I'm a huge fan.
And, well, apparently so is someone else.

You see, I'm a cheapskate, so both the book copies I bought were second hand.
Apparently in good or best quality.
But certainly used.
I personally find books like this endearing.
I don't want a dog-eared copy.
But there's a few corner-turned bookmarked pages.
The edges are just the tiny bit worn.
And it lets me feel that ~I~ can turn it into a dog-eared copy.

But imagine my surprise at 1:30am, when I open the second book, and there it is.
Her signature!
I didn't believe it at first, but the blue pen's even leaked through to the second page.
So, I'm pretty happy.
Then I turn the page.

AND A LOCK OF HAIR FALLS OUT.
SERIOUSLY.
I THINK I MAY HAVE A LOCK OF SONYA SONES HAIR D:

I'm not a stalker, nor do I want the hair, but I kinda want to know if it IS hers.
Looking at images of her online, it's the wrong shade, but she COULD dye her hair...
Google images shows some younger images of her with a shade close to this....
What do I do?
I think I might e-mail her.

'Miss Sones? I have your hair.'

...I'll post some photos of this escapade tomorrow.

As for today, it IS an art blog after all!
Have a griffon!




Unfortunately, I don't have a lot to say about this piece, as I entered this piece for a competition in which we were told to draw line-art of 1 of 3 source images.
I got to choose the pose though! I've always likes the idea of griffons having strong (but not fat, like dragons) back legs, so tried to emphasis this with a stretched-pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hostgator discount code